It’s important to be active and healthy. More than likely, if you’re reading this article now, it’s because these things are values you possess as well.
There are so many ways to achieve optimal fitness and health.
You can eat right, you can eliminate screen time, and you can work out.
And even within these options, there are other choices to be had.
- Swimming Everyday
- Swimming Everyday Burns Calories
- Lower Blood Pressure From Swimming Everyday
- Swimming Everyday Can Reduce Stress
- Improved Muscle Tone From Swimming Everyday
- Swimming Everyday in Contacts Can Cause an Eye Infection
- Mental Health Can Improve From Swimming Everyday
- Sun Damage From Swimming EveryDay Outside
- Swimming Everyday Helps To Control Blood Sugar
- Swimming Everyday Can Cause Skin Rash
- Red Eyes Can Occur From Swimming Everyday
- Swimming Everyday Will Help You Sleep Better
- You May Get Swimmer’s Ear From Swimming Everyday
- Skin On Your Shoulder Can Get Irritated
- Swimming Everyday Is Good For Your Joints
- Swimming Everyday Can Cause Dry Skin
- You May Experience Less Back Issues
- Breathing Will Be Stronger From Swimming Everyday
- Hair Damage Can Occur From Chemicals
- Lower Resting Heart Rate From Swimming Everyday
- Swimming Everyday Might Help You Live Longer
With working out, you can choose to bike, hike, run, climb, or swim.
If you’re interested in swimming or incorporating swimming into your daily routine, then this is the article for you.
Most athletes and fitness lovers alike know the wonders of swimming.
It’s low impact, has incredible health and wellness benefits, and is inclusive for people of all ages and sizes.
But, what happens if you want to pursue swimming more vigorously?
What happens if you dedicate your time and fitness abilities to swimming everyday?
So, let’s explore 20 things that can happen if you go swimming everyday…
Swimming Everyday Burns Calories
As I mentioned above, swimming is a magnificent form of cardio.
And just like with other forms of cardio, if you’re going to workout everyday, you’re going to burn a lot of calories!
You can burn around 500 calories an hour swimming.
With a really intense workout, you can even get that calorie burn up to 750 calories in one hour.
Need extra help losing weight?
- Power Weight Loss Support in one delicious shake!
- Replaces 1 full meal
- Helps shed excess pounds naturally.
- Boosts energy and controls cravings
- Every pack contains zero added sugars
- 16 grams of whey protein concentrate
- Every pack is gluten free and contains 13 different vitamins
So, let’s say that you decide to go swimming for 30 minutes every day for a month.
If that were the case, you would burn around 7,500 calories in swimming alone!
But, let’s say you decide to double it and swim for an hour a day.
Then, you’d be burning 15,000 calories in just one month. That is a lot of calories and a lot of swimming!
Lower Blood Pressure From Swimming Everyday
Having a healthy blood pressure is essential to good health.
Without it, your body will not receive the proper nutrients and oxygen it needs.
Unfortunately, almost half of the adult population suffers from high blood pressure, or hypertension.
Because you are moving and being active through swimming, they have found this form of exercise to lower blood pressure.
More specifically, swimming everyday has been seen to lower blood pressure in adults with hypertension.
So, if you’re considering swimming daily for your health and lowering your high blood pressure, this would be a great idea!
Swimming Everyday Can Reduce Stress
In the world today, we are all dealing with varying levels of stress.
From work to raising kids to responsibilities and the unexpected things that life can throw our way, most people are facing a great deal of stress regularly.
It’s almost impossible to avoid.
With swimming, there’s just something about being in the water. You’re doing something on your own.
It requires a lot of focus and little room for distractions from your surroundings. When you’re in the water, you’ve got to be in the present.
And, this is one of the many reasons that swimming daily can reduce your stress.
Not only does it make you feel less stressed, they have found that swimming, along with other forms of cardio, can actually reduce the release of our stress hormones!
We’ve got plenty of things in our lives that increase our stress hormones, so why not take up an activity that combat it?
And, if you do it every day, I can only imagine the weight that you could remove!
Improved Muscle Tone From Swimming Everyday
Swimming daily will improve both our mental and our physical health as we’ve already learned.
It burns a lot of calories as a significant form of cardio, but it is unique in the sense that it can improve muscle tone as well.
Did you know that swimming can work up to 50 muscles at a time? That’s incredible!
- Instant Energy provides the extra boost you need to power
through difficult days – with a brilliant blend of nutrients designed to amplify your:
- Energy – experience steady energy – without the jitters or dreaded caffeine crash.
- Mind – upgrade your mental potential and achieve way
more than before.
- Mood – feel chill – even when the odds are stacked
It’s especially incredible when you consider how good it is on your joints.
Not only will your joints be thankful for you swimming everyday as a part of your fitness routines, but your muscles will thank you as well.
Just imagine how toned your muscles would be if you dedicated yourself to swimming everyday!
Swimming Everyday in Contacts Can Cause an Eye Infection
If you are one of the 45 million adults in the world who wears contacts, this could definitely affect you.
Did you know that if you wear contacts while swimming, you’re not only increasing your chances of eye irritation, but you’re also increasing your chances of developing an eye infection or even a corneal ulcer?
- Anti-Fog: Lenses resist fogging for clear underwater vision
- UV Protection: Protects your eyes from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays
- Mirrored Lens: Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Maximum visibility, minimum glare; ideal for outdoor use
- Wide panoramic lens for extended view
Deciding to go swimming everyday with contacts can put you at even more risk of these pretty serious complications.
If you are a contact wearer, be sure to protect your eyes with goggles and seek guidance on how to best prevent yourself from developing these complications.
Mental Health Can Improve From Swimming Everyday
While we just learned that swimming can reduce the release of our stress hormone, it can also help in producing other feel-good hormones.
Cardio, such as swimming, releases endorphins.
Endorphins act as our body’s natural painkillers and also act as another way to combat stress, anxiety, and depression.
If you’re reducing the amount of stress hormones, you’re releasing daily and releasing endorphins, then you will see improvements in your mental health!
Like I said above, taking a dedicated amount of time out of your everyday life and doing something like swimming can completely change your outlook and your mood.
It’s definitely something to consider.
Sun Damage From Swimming EveryDay Outside
So far, I’ve mentioned some really appealing things that can happen if you go swimming everyday.
But like I said earlier, there are also some less than ideal things that can happen as well.
For our first negative thing to consider, it truly depends on where you are swimming.
If you are swimming in your local community or gym’s indoor pool, this isn’t as much of a concern.
But, if your swimming location is outdoors, you will risk sun damage.
- SAFE, NATURAL PROTECTION: Thinksport sunscreen provides effective sun protection for athletes, sports and active use. The broad spectrum UVA & UVB sun cream is suitable for daily use on even sensitive...
- EASY APPLICATION: The hydrating body and face sun cream is quick and easy to apply, and protection from the sun begins instantly. The fast absorbing SPF 50+ sun lotion won’t leave your skin feeling...
- CLEAN MINERAL FORMULA: The first sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements, Thinksport vegan, Leaping Bunny certified sun creams contain no PABA, parabens, phthalates, BPA, oxybenzone,...
- WATER RESISTANT: Ideal sunscreen for sport and other activities that make you sweat. Our sun cream provides the highest water resistance per the FDA, offering continuous protection for up to 80...
- Accurate Ingredient List: Our updated packaging guarantees precise ingredient listings while preserving our unchanged formulas. Rest assured, there have been no changes to our ingredients. Our...
Essentially, the more time spent outside in the sun, the higher your risk of sun damage, skin cancer, and more.
However, the American Cancer Society recommends you can minimize these risks by applying broad-spectrum sunscreen with a minimum of an SPF 30 every two hours you are out in the sun.
While this won’t completely rid you of sun damage risks, it can help if you choose to swim everyday outside.
Swimming Everyday Helps To Control Blood Sugar
Blood sugar is another important aspect of your health.
Essentially, your blood sugar level is the amount of sugar found in your blood.
Most healthy individuals can maintain their level in a normal range without it going too high or too low, both of which can be dangerous.
According to Health Digest, swimming can actually have such a significant effect on your blood sugar that it can control it for days after your workout.
With so many muscles being used for your swim session, they are being used in a way that allows them to absorb sugar more quickly and efficiently from your bloodstream.
This is great for everyone in terms of health, but especially wonderful news for those who are diabetic or pre-diabetic and are struggling with their blood sugar being stabilized.
One can simply imagine if you incorporated swimming into your daily routine, the significant improvements that would transpire!
Swimming Everyday Can Cause Skin Rash
Most pools use chlorine for cleaning and sanitation of the water.
While this keeps us safe from germs breeding in the water, too much exposure to this chemical can cause some discomfort and rashes.
- REMOVES CHEMICALS: TRISWIM body wash is effective to remove chlorine residue off the body after a swimming session. Moisturises and keeps the skin protected
- BENEFITS: The Chlorine Removal Body Wash moisturizes and hydrates your skin with Aloe Vera, Vitamin E and ProVitamin B5 & prevents itchy skin and Eczema. It is encouraged that swimmers use this body...
- FOR ALL SWIMMERS: Daily swim workouts, exercising in the water or lounging around by the pool or at the beach? TRISWIM is the Official Swimmers’ Hair & Skin Care product for United States Masters...
- HEALTHY ALTERNATIVE: The Yuzu, Citrus Grapefruit & Mango scent will appeal to everyone. Our body wash smells great and is made paraben-free, gluten-free & without animal-testing. TRISWIM has protected...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: This moisturising body wash is enriched with provitamin B5 and aloe vera which provides excellent chlorine protection for skin burns and itching
While not all people experience chlorine rashes, it’s definitely something to look out for and be aware of if you’re planning to swim everyday.
It can be quite uncomfortable, forming bumps and red rashes that itch and can swell.
Red Eyes Can Occur From Swimming Everyday
Similar to a chlorine rash, your eyes can also become irritated from the chemicals in a pool.
The more exposure you have to chemicals, the more likely you will develop red eyes from irritation.
- Eye Drops for Red Eyes: LUMIFY significantly reduces redness to help reveal your eyes' natural radiance. From the eye care experts at Bausch and Lomb, LUMIFY works in 1 minute and lasts up to 8 hours
- LUMIFY is different: The only OTC drop to contain brimonidine. It selectively targets redness, alleviating some potential side effects associated with other redness relief drops, when used as directed
- LUMIFY contains no bleach or dyes. It’s Doctor recommended redness reliever (data on file)
- Eye Care Experts at Bausch and Lomb: For over 150 years, we have focused on innovation and quality in eye care products, from contact lenses and solutions to eye drops, ointments, eye vitamins, and...
- Amazing Looking Eyes: We understand how important eyes are. And despite all the eye creams, mascara, eyeliners and eyeshadows, if your eyes are red, you won’t look your best
Some people are more prone to their eyes becoming irritated than others, but we recommend that if you are swimming a lot to wear goggles in the water to help prevent developing red eyes.
So, it may not be an ideal thing to happen, but at least you can prevent or mitigate it!
Swimming Everyday Will Help You Sleep Better
It makes complete sense that swimming everyday would help you sleep better.
While swimming, your body is releasing fewer stress hormones while also releasing endorphins.
You’re feeling more healthy, and you’re doing a full-body workout daily.
Because of that, you will feel more satisfied and tired in the evenings, leading you to a better night’s sleep!
So, if you are someone who has struggled with falling asleep (or staying asleep) in the past, doing cardio like swimming could work wonders!
It would definitely be worth a try.
You May Get Swimmer’s Ear From Swimming Everyday
This is definitely not the most ideal of situations from swimming everyday, but it should be considered and prepared for.
As with the other potentially risky things that can occur from swimming each day, the more swimming you do, the more likely you are for it to happen.
Here, if you’re swimming everyday, you are increasing your chances for developing swimmer’s ear.
Swimmer’s ear is an outer ear infection that occurs when water becomes trapped in your ear canal.
- DRY EARS NATURALLY - Dry your ears naturally with warm, soothing air. Eliminates the need for ear drying drops, unsafe cotton swabs, loud hair dryers and other potentially dangerous and questionable...
- INVENTED BY AN ENT DOCTOR - Mack's Ear Dryer was invented and developed by an ear, nose and throat doctor to safely and effectively dry the ear canal where bacteria and fungi can grow.
- FAST, CONVENIENT, MULTI-USE - Dries water from swimmers' ears in about one minute. Quickly removes problem-causing moisture buildup behind hearing aids, providing a more secure fit. Folds shut for...
- SAFE, COMFORTABLE, EASY TO USE - With the press of a button, Mack's Ear Dryer provides controlled maximum air temperature, airflow, cycle time and noise volume. It's safe, easy to use and comfortable...
- DOCTOR RECOMMENDED - Ear, nose and throat doctors around the world recommend Mack's Ear Dryer for use after swimming, bathing, water sports, scuba, hearing aid use, etc. No more uncomfortable, water...
From there, bacteria develops and if left untreated, it can really cause some issues.
Keep this in mind if you’re wanting to dedicate a certain amount of time towards swimming daily.
If you notice any of the signs or symptoms, be sure to get it treated quickly with ear drops before the condition worsens!
Skin On Your Shoulder Can Get Irritated
Here we have a rather unique thing that could come from swimming!
We’ve discussed all about chlorine rashes, but there’s a different irritation you could develop specifically on your shoulder after swimming.
While this is more common among men, swimmer’s shoulder is where your shoulder develops a rash from the stubble on your chin brushing your shoulder each time you turn your head up to breathe while swimming.
Though oddly specific, this is definitely something that happens and usually appears 15-30 minutes after swimming.
This may not pertain to every person, but if you are a man or you have some facial hair, just be prepared.
Maybe make sure you’re cleanly shaven before hitting the pool?
Swimming Everyday Is Good For Your Joints
I’ve mentioned this previously, but it’s just too good to not put it as one of our 20 things that can happen!
Simply put, in water, we weigh less. Have you ever held someone in a pool thinking how light they are?
Well, it’s science, really! But, we’re not here to talk about all the specifics of science.
We’re here to discuss why this is such a glorious thing!
Because our bodies are less of a burden on us in the water, it is an exercise that is significantly gentler on our joints.
Because swimming is so easy on your joints, it is a very inclusive form of exercise that is more easily accessible for people of all ages and abilities.
From young to old, you will still be able to get your heart rate up without causing undue stress on bad or nagging joints you’ve been dealing with.
You can simply get in the pool and reap the benefits without all the costs.
Swimming Everyday Can Cause Dry Skin
Maybe you won’t get a chlorine rash from swimming everyday if you’re lucky, but you are still going to be very susceptible to getting dry skin.
From the chemicals to simply being exposed to extended time in the water each day, there’s a pretty good chance that your skin may suffer.
There are, however, ways that you can try to prevent this.
- This triple repair body cream moisturizer (formerly Lipikar Balm AP+) is clinically shown to reduce dry, rough skin and provide 48 hour hydration. Fragrance free suitable for body and hands.
- Its triple action helps rebalance the skin microbiome, restore the skin’s protective barrier and replenish the skin’s lipids to provide daily relief for dry skin. Rich, comforting cream texture...
- Formulated with dermatologist recommended ingredients including La Roche-Posay Prebiotic Thermal Water, Ceramide-3, Shea Butter, Glycerin, and Niacinamide.
- Dermatologist-tested, this body cream is safe for the whole family’s sensitive skin. It is suitable for patients undergoing chemotherapy and radiation, helping moisturize and comfort sensitive skin.
- Accepted by the National Eczema Association. Suitable for babies as young as two weeks. Pediatrician tested
One way you end up with dry skin from the pool is by simply getting out and air drying.
We recommend you shower off each time you get out of the pool and then dry off properly.
Of course, another way to combat this potential issue from swimming each day is to apply lotion after each dip!
Though it could be an issue you face, at least there are some things you can do to prevent it!
You May Experience Less Back Issues
More often than not, running and even cycling can cause a great deal of strain on your back.
From biking and leaning over the handlebars at a strange angle to running and pounding 5-10 times your weight each time you hit the pavement, cardio can be a lot of stress on your back.
If you love cardio and working out, but have a history of back pain and back issues, you are in luck!
Again, because of the miracle of water, you’re able to workout just as hard without all the pain and stress.
Yes, your joints will thank you, but your back just may thank you as well.
Breathing Will Be Stronger From Swimming Everyday
Swimming is excellent for lung capacity and lung efficiency.
They have found that swimmers actually had more volume of air in their lungs when compared to those that did not swim regularly.
An increase in lung volume leads to more efficient breathing and cardiovascular function.
Fun fact! Many doctors often prescribe swimming for children with asthma as they link it with reducing symptoms of the illness.
So, it not only will strengthen your breathing, but could help with asthma and other breathing related issues by strengthening your lungs.
Hair Damage Can Occur From Chemicals
The chemicals in pools may have their own special purposes, but they are NOT for keeping your hair in ideal condition.
If you swim everyday, you are more than likely going to experience some hair damage because of chemical exposure.
These chemicals in the pool can completely strip your hair of its natural oils, leaving it dry and frail.
So, if you pride yourself on having beautiful, luscious locks, take the needed precautions before diving in everyday.
- Chlorine Shampoo for Swimmers & Conditioner Collection for Dry Hair - This dry hair shampoo and conditioner set for damaged hair is perfect for all hair types exposed to pool chemicals or ocean water,...
- Antioxidant & Plant-Based Protein Ingredients - This textured hair shampoo and conditioner collection is formulated with vegan wellness ingredients like allantoin, provitamin B5, flax protein, and...
- Moisturizing Conditioning for Dry Hair - Both swimmers wellness shampoo and conditioner will restore texture from chlorine, copper, and other harsh water minerals. This swim cap conditioning routine...
- How to Use - Apply shampoo to wet hair & massage into a lather. Rinse. Pour Swimmers remedy crystals across wet palm & rub hands together, adding water to dissolve. Apply & scrunch throughout hair,...
- Vegan Hair Care Wellness - Make your hair glow with this shampoo conditioner set for chlorine damage removal, which indeed... is infused with protein for hair! Malibu C is 100% vegan, eco-friendly,...
First, invest in a swim cap. It’ll help keep your hair dry and protected.
If you can’t get your hands on one or they’re just not your cup of tea, then you should rinse your hair out with regular water after every swim session.
This can limit your chances of dealing with significant hair damage.
Lower Resting Heart Rate From Swimming Everyday
As with other muscles, the heart can get stronger the more you work it.
Because swimming can elevate your heart rate and really get it pumping, you will see a lower resting heart rate by swimming daily.
The more it works, the stronger it gets.
The stronger it gets, the less it has to work when at rest to keep the body functioning properly.
Interestingly enough, people who swim regularly have an average resting heart rate between 40 and 60 beats per minute.
Whereas typical adults have a typical resting heart rate between 60-70 bpm.
Swimming Everyday Might Help You Live Longer
Now, our last thing that can happen if you swim everyday is big! Like, it’s monumental.
It’s really a huge reason so many people are active and incorporate fitness in their lives.
But, if you think about it, it just makes sense! Swimming daily might increase your longevity!
As reported by the AARP, they shared that a study followed over 40,000 men for 32 years of their lives.
In this study, they found that men who were lifelong swimmers were “50% less likely to die during the study period than were walkers and runners.”
Isn’t that incredible? I think it’s also important to point out that this was when compared to walkers and runners.
Imagine what it had been if it were men who were sedentary and didn’t workout regularly?
Think if you swam everyday, what that could do to your lifespan?
Imagine doing something so simple and knowing it can have the greatest impact of all…allowing you to have more time on this earth! Wow!
Can you tell by now that swimming can work wonders for your health and wellbeing?
Of course, there are things that can happen that are less than ideal, but if you really take a step back, you’ll see that the pros drastically outweigh the potential cons.
Not to mention, you can avoid most of the “cons”!